Clinic & Hospital
Flu Season Tips
It is no fun being sick. Each year one in 4 people in Russia gets the flu and many are hospitalized.
Become educated about the flu with AMC flu tips:
- The main way to share the virus is coughing or sneezing
- When you have the flu you should not attend school or work as you can be contagious for up to 6 days. Stay home, rest and get well
- Studies have shown that human influenza viruses can survive approximately 2-8 hours on door handles and other inanimate objects
- Although anyone should get a flu vaccine, there are groups of people who should take extra care to get one. These are elderly people, pregnant women, infants over 6 months of age, people with chronic health conditions such as asthma or heart disease
- Influenza disease usually peaks in January and February most years, and may occur as late as May, so you can protect yourself by being vaccinated, even if it is after October/November
Each October AMC starts the new season of vaccinations against the flu
In this season we use the French vaccine Vaxigrip produced by the French pharmaceutical company Aventis Pasteur.
Applying to our clinic, you receive an opportunity to reliably protect yourself and your relatives from flu during the period of forthcoming epidemics
You can make an appointment for individual vaccinations 24 hours per 740 20 90
The AMC specialists also go on house- and office-calls to perform vaccinations. The office-calls are arranged on appointment application basis. You can apply for an office-call at the Client Service Department per 740 20 90